Zerumpees Store

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Renewing


I have been absent, from my blog and my project. It's been a rough couple weeks that has just now finally started to simmer down. I plan on starting up the monster project again this week. I am off work Friday so that will give me a nice long day to make some good ones. So...interesting tid bit. I randomly search "zerumpees" on yahoo occassionally to see if anything has been written about me in blogs etc. and I clicked on this one link tonight to a blog i guess that mentioned me and the title was "ahh monsters." there i saw one of my monsters that was sold a while back and there was something weird on it like a green plant. The page was still loading and then a snake picture popped up and then this close up of my monster with a giant hairy spider on it! All i saw was "these make great props!" I was so freaked out! It was this close up of this giant disgusting bug on my monster! I know, i know people can do whatever they want once they purchase something such as using them for props in gross bug reptile photo shoots, but totally freaky. I only looked at the page for maybe 5 seconds before screaming and exiting out! I was horrified! Weird....weird.

I love holidays and decorating for them. I made these ghosties a while back when my parents were visiting. They are so old school, but still fun :)

This is what Mogwai decided to do while I decided to bake a spiced cake.

I bought a new cook book called "Quick Meals" and it is huge. I love planning my meals and baking and cooking so it's just what I needed. I used to just get on the food network website but it's hard to just browse there to see what you want to eat, you kind of have to have an idea already.

The monsters grew curious as to what the treat would be.

it called for a half cup of honey. I've never heard of so much honey in a recipe before!

While my cake/bread was baking I went on a much needed therapuetic run. I ran by this little circle of stone blocks that you can sit on and that whole area was covered with red and yellow leaves. We don't get too long of a fall here in Chicago but I'm glad to get what I can before the ice and snow. The weather here can really affect things. Pretty soon the days get so short, only a few hours of sunlight. I can already tell my apartment is getting darker.
Back to the cake. It turned out great. It didn't poof up in the middle but that didn't really matter to me. Maybe on Friday I will try to make something really complicated. There's this parfait in there that looks yummy.
I will leave you with a poem that I love. I know, it's another ee cummings poem. But I love him. And sometimes he is just what you need to feel a bit better.

anyone lived in a pretty how town
(with up so floating many bells down)
spring summer autumn winter
he sang his didn't he danced his did.

Women and men (both little and small)
cared for anyone not at all
they sowed their isn't they reaped their same
sun moon stars rain

children guessed (but only a few
and down they forgot as up they grew
autumn winter spring summer)
that noone loved him more by more

when by now and tree by leaf
she laughed his joy she cried his grief
bird by snow and stir by still
anyone's any was all to her

someones married their everyones
laughed their cryings and did their dance
(sleep wake hope and then)they
said their nevers they slept their dream

stars rain sun moon
(and only the snow can begin to explain
how children are apt to forget to remember
with up so floating many bells down)

one day anyone died i guess
(and noone stooped to kiss his face)
busy folk buried them side by side
little by little and was by was

all by all and deep by deep
and more by more they dream their sleep
noone and anyone earth by april
with by spirit and if by yes.

Women and men (both dong and ding)
summer autumn winter spring
reaped their sowing and went their came
sun moon stars rain

No comments: